Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shana is back!

Thanks to all who've prayed and sent good wishes my way. Apparently, my eyes just needed some R&R, as it was mostly dry and irritated. For several weeks on end! That has never happened to me before, so it made me wonder what I'd done to deserve it. LOL No retinal tears though. Yay! The news was enough to make me jump for joy. So, it's really good to get second and third and fourth opinions.

So, with my eyes well rested, I'm back to take up my share and tackle the demands of blogging. And reviews! As soon as I felt well enough to read (yes, there were times when reading a book was difficult and my eyes felt so bad I had no choice but to put the book down), I treated myself to a Jacquie D'Alessandro book - Who Will Take This Man? It was funny and romantic and just what I need to get me back into groove.

However, I find that sometimes, my eyes still act up and I find it hard to read or look at the laptop. So, I still need to take things easy. I realize that this is one of the things about advancing age--my body breaks down in ways that continue to surprise me. I realize my body can never be the same as it was when I was in my early 30's, 20's or in my teens, so I really need to take care of myself more now than ever.

You too. :)

The originally scheduled contests will go on in June, as soon as I've confirmed the schedule with the authors. So be sure to check back and often!

0 comments:

 

The Raving Reader Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon