Tuesday, January 26, 2010

REVIEW: Holiday Bound by Beth Kery




ISBN 978-1-60504-838-3
(c) 2009, Samhain Publishing
Beth Kery's website 

Buy Links (ebook): Samhain Publishing, Fictionwise, Barnes and Noble Ebook 

"Hot and sizzling to scorch the pages. Need ice cubes to cool down." 

Beth Kery writes hot, sizzling romances that scorched the pages (or your laptop or e-reader) in your hands, not to mention your need for ice cubes to cool down.

Alex Carradine comes across as primal, powerful and so blatantly male, the total opposite of his sophisticated and elegant father Mitchell. No wonder Angeline Kastakis was confused, yet she couldn't help but be attracted to Alex, despite the guilt she may feel at lusting after the son of her boyfriend. Not that there was anything serious between her and Mitchell, nor was their relationship an exclusive one. Because Alex brought out things in her that she wasn't even aware of, things that give the word "pleasure" a deeper and more intense meaning.

Alex came on so strong for me that Angeline was a bit overshadowed. Yet, I like that she has progressed over the course of the book, from not liking Alex and being suspicious of him to a sort of "reliance" on him, on his being so sure of his feelings about the two of them being together. And it was this steadfast certitude of his that made her stand firm in the storm of doubts that rose up in her mind. Oh yes, in addition to his extreme hotness and raw maleness, Alex is also very sweet.

For those who like their intimate scenes flaming hot with the fires still roaring, then this is the book for you. All because of Alex, a dominant male who likes to tie up his women and paddle their backsides. All in the name of pleasure, of course. Yet by far, the hottest scene for me is the one in Alex's workout room told from his point of view.

Note to readers: This book contains scenes of light bondage, domination and spanking. I'm not into BDSM myself, but I really enjoyed reading this, so I have no doubt you will as well. *wink*

Rating: 5 stars

3 comments:

Leontine said...

*Say I if you lust after dominant males* I!!!!!!!

Alex sounds like a hero I very much look forward to getting to know and a bit of paddling in the name of pleasure is never a wrong thing IMO. I haven't read anything by Beth Kerry yet but I'm going to write this one up on my TBB list, thanks guys :D

beth kery said...

Many thanks for reading and reviewing Holiday Bound. I appreciate all the time and thoughtfulness.

Best to you.

Silver @ TRR said...

You're welcome, Leontine! Really enjoyed this book and I'm sure you will, too!

Thanks for dropping by, Beth!

 

The Raving Reader Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon